18 Apr 2018 | Views : 220   |
BATIK is the art form of decorating cloth using wax and dye. Batik is similar to tie and dye, in which instead of tying cloth in knots/patterns, we use hot paraffin/bees wax to create different patterns on the cloth. The applied wax resists dyes and therefore allows the artisan to color the cloth selectively.
A tradition of Batik is found in various countries including countries of Indian peninsula, south east Asia and Africa.
This workshop, Batik 101, is divided into 3 parts. You'll learn the following:
- How to use brushes to create different patterns on TOTE BAG
- How to use Batik -Blocks to make an Indian Batik STOLE (Please note, one product will be finished in the workshop and other will be given in the take away kit)
- How to use an original "tjanting" pen to put your signature on your masterpiece.
- How to prepare salt baths for Dyeing.
- How to do even Dyeing (one or two colors).
- How is the wax removed from the cloth. We'll share 2 different techniques of de-waxing the cloth.
What to bring: We’ll provide all the material required.