Views : 312 | Event Date : 2018-07-08
Ramanagar also known as silk city of Karnataka is situated 50 kms away from Bangalore at an elevation of 2450 ft above sea level. Ramanagar was known as Closepet in memory of Barry Close who was British official from 1756 to 1813. The city has a unique landscape of granite hills stretching 50 kms dating back to lower Proterozoic era. Ramnagar comprises of following hills Shivaramgiri, Yatirajgiri, Somagiri, Krishnagiri, Revansiddeshwara betta, Handigundi, Anna-Thamma rock,SRS betta etc. The place is a trekkers paradise! It also hosts the Arkavathy river, beautiful lakes and forest patches and farms.Last but not the least this is where our all time villain Gabbar roared in the movie Sholay.
This is how we enjoyed Ramanagar, what would you do ?
- Sitting capacity - 7
- Kitchenette (with stove & utensils)
- Outdoor & Indoor games
- Pillows & bed linen
- Picnic mat & chair
- AC during travel
- An experienced driver will accompany you throughout the journey
Trip Duration: 1 Day
Depart at 8:00 a.m.
Arrive at 10:00 p.m.
Pickup/Drop point: NIFT college, HSR Layout.
- Pick up from NIFT, HSR layout + small intro to the caravan and its features.
- You will leave to Ramnagar a.k.a Closepet.
- Stop for breakfast on the highway to create your own Highway on my plate episode.
- Arrive at a silk farm.
- Take a tour of silkworm rearing process.Watch these little things spin silk cocoons around themselves.
- Trek Ramadevara betta.The hill has forests and bushes so keep an eye for birds.
- Stop by a store to shop required ingredients for lunch.
- World is your kitchen - stop by a place of your own choice / at the banks of arkavathy & cook.
- Relax with a book or indulge yourself in some photography with our hippie caravans.
- Drive around exploring and end your day watching the spectrum of sunset colors.
- Garam garam chai & cookies to call it a day.
- Time to leave to the Silicon city from the Silk city.
Suggested things to carry:
- Drinking water
- Sturdy Shoes for walking in the wild
- Swim clothes
- Lightweight pants (no shorts, skirts or jeans!)
- Extra pair of clothes and socks
- Warm Jacket
- Insect/Mosquito Repellent